Pages

weekend recipes

Sunday, March 23, 2014

First I want to say big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dad. I can't put into words how thankful I am for him!!  


I got such a great response last week from my recipe postings that I thought I would do it again.  Most weekends are not a 'gourmet' as the last two!

PINOT GRIGIO SPRITZER
This is SO good and refreshing.  Perfect for spring/summer.


INGREDIENTS
pinot grigio
sprite
crushed ice
strawberries
sliced limes

INSTRUCTIONS
Crush ice.  Add one part pinot grigio and one part Sprite (can also add peach schanpps..so good).  Add a couple sliced strawberries and a couple sliced limes.  Sit back and enjoy!


ORZO WITH ASPARAGUS, SPINACH, LEMON & FETA
serves 4 (I made for 16)


INGREDIENTS
1 cup orzo
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
**I used 2 tsp of pre-chopped garlic
1 tsp olive oil
8 asparagus spears, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup packed fresh spinach
1 large lemon, juice
1/3 cup feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste

INSTRUCTIONS
In a medium sauce pan, bring 4 cups of water to boil.  Stir in orzo.  Cook until tender, about 10 minutes.  Drain orzo and set aside.  
In a small sauce pan, saute garlic in olive oil.  Add in asparagus and saute for 3-4 minutes.  Stir in spinach.  Cook until asparagus is tender and the spinach shrinks down.  
Put orzo in medium bowl (or serving bowl) and add in the vegetables.  Squeeze in lemon juice over orzo and vegetables.  Stir, season with salt and pepper.  Add in feta.  Taste.  Add more lemon juice or feta if needed.  

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your sweet Daddy! I am usually very iffy about asparagus but I scarfed this side dish down in record time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground